- Potatoes, any amount, skin on or peeled, as you wish*
Place the potatoes in a pot and cover them well with cold water.
Bring to boil on max, reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are done.
Check for doneness by piercing them with a fork or a knife — it should go in easily with no crunch.
- I don’t usually peel my potatoes, except for purées, I find it’s a lot of work for nothing. Make sure you scrub the potatoes thoroughly before boiling if not peeling.
Make it a meal
- Add salt and butter
- Add a splash of warm tomato sauce and parmesan
- Top with any kind of canned fish
- Use instead of rice in any recipe requiring rice as a side
- Use instead of pasta in any pasta-based salad
- Eat as is, with oil and pickles