- 1 cup pre-cooked black beans
- 4 cups veggie or chicken broth
- 1 sweet bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1/2 7 oz (200g) can chipotles* or whole jar if you like spice
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 can sweet corn, or corn from 1 cob
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon bitter baking chocolate
- (Optional) 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream or plain yoghurt
- Sliced avocado
- Tortilla chips
- Tabasco sauce
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- A splash of like juice
In a large pot on medium heat, preheat vegetable oil, add chopped onion and cook until translucent, about 5 min.
Add diced sweet pepper, chipotles and cumin and cook, frequently stirring, for another 5 min.
Pour in the broth, add sweet potato, beans and corn. Bring to just about boil. Add chocolate.
Lower the heat and cook until the sweet potato is done.
Serve with any or all of a dollop of sour cream, a pinch of chopped cilantro, a few halved cherry tomatoes, a splash of like juice, and a few plain tortilla chips.