Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 | Source:
(makes A LOT, halve it for 4 people or less)
- 1 head of white cabbage
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain yoghurt or sour cream
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, peeled (optional)
- 2 table spoons sugar
- 2 table spoons white or red wine or apple vinegar
- 1 table spoon dry mustard (replace with 1tsp fresh if available)
- 2 tea spoons celery salt (replace with dry veggie broth if no celery salt available)
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Finely dice, shred or grate the cabbage. I use one of those v-cutters — comes very handy. Grate the carrots. Place both in a large salad bowl.
For the dressing mix together mayonnaise, plain yoghurt (or sour cream), sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, salt and pepper. Taste. Adjust seasoning. Finely dice the onions. Mix with the dressing.
Pour dressing onto the salad. Mix well. Taste again and adjust the seasoning if necessary.