- Any type of root vegetable or a mix thereof:
- Potatoes (peeled or not, but thoroughly washed) and chopped
- Carrots, peeled and chopped
- Parsnips, peeled and chopped
- Rutabagas (peeled or not, but thoroughly washed) and chopped
- Sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Beets, peeled and chopped
- Celery root, washed very well, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped in 2-3 pieces each
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 table spoons olive oil
Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
In a large bowl, mix oil, garlic, salt, olive oil, and spices of your choice. Add the chopped vegetables and toss well to coat.
Place the chopped veggies onto a baking tray or on a sheet of baking paper.
Roast for 20 minutes, then try poking the veggies for doneness. They should pierce easily with a fork or knife, without a crunch, when done.
Make it a meal
- Eat with plan yoghurt or sour cream
- Add to buddha bowls or black bean soup
- Toss with salad and oil-and-vinegar dressing
- Use as a side for roasted sausages or lemon-thyme chicken
- Pulse with cream to make a root veggie cream soup
- Optional ingredients (use 2-3 max):
- Rosemary branch
- 1 table spoon pinch of dried italian or french herb mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika, spicy, smoked, or sweet
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 onion, quartered
- Stores splendidly in a fridge for up to 5 days. Great to make on a Sunday to enjoy in salads all week.